Friday, January 3, 2014

First sketch at Blue Fern Studios!

Happy New Year crafty friends!!

In a blink of an eye it's another new year. For me, it's a year of challenges ahead and with a lot of changes coming up. What's your new year going to be like?

I'm in today to share my very first reveal for Blue Fern Studios based on their January sketch challenge, designed by the talented Michele Singh. Here's the sketch:



And here is my take on it:


I used their Winter Page Dangles according to the sketch, which are really adorable. Below are some techniques I used to treat the chipboards.


For this heart dangle piece, I added a layer of gesso and misted the heart shape. I then stamped some script in grey and black inks and coated it with a layer of crackle distress paint. For the bows, I used the polka dot Organza ribbon in pale blue from Green Tara. I also colored the rest of the dangle with light grey chalk ink and some Perfect Pearls. I also accented the loops with Sticklers. I then rested the heart dangle piece on some lovely mesh ribbon in silver, also from Green Tara.


For the snowflake and star pieces, I did simple embossing with EPs from Lindy's Stamp Gang. For the snowflake piece, I accented the ends with Sticklers and brushed gesso lightly over both the chippies.


Close-up of my title. So in love with textures!

Well, do hop over to BFS and play along with this month's sketch. This is what a randomly-picked winner stands to win:

In addition to our prize winner, we will also select a Top 3 to feature in our winner post!

Some details for participating in the challenge:

1.) Feel free to interpret the sketch as you please by means of taking it as-is or flipping/turning/mirroring it to suit your needs! **Please note that you can do whatever type of project you please- a layout, card, tag, canvas, altered item- whatever suits your mood and style! We would love to see the different ways our sketch can be used.**

2.) You must use at least one piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard- but you do not need to use the pieces featured in the sketch! You can find the store nearest you HERE{Do not use any other brand of chipboard on your project please!}

3.) Upload your project using the Inlinkz tool by midnight EST on January 31st, 2014.

How's that for something fun to do for the new year? Can't wait to see all your lovely entries!

love,





3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this Jelissa, especially how you made that heart! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miae! Blue Fern chippies are really fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally beautiful! Absolutely love this canvas to bits!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!