Friday, March 14, 2014

Blog Hopping Fun with Off The Rails Scrapbooking!

Happy Friday lovely readers! Aren't you glad the weekend is here? 
The husband and me are going on a movie date later to catch 300: Rise of an Empire. With the boys still growing up, it's so hard to get some time off on our own. What do you do on your date nights?

I have two really exciting news to share today. Firstly, it's the fantastic news that I've been invited to join the team at Off the Rails Scrapbooking! The girls on this team are phenomenal and all stars in their own right. So, so honoured to be working alongside them! But because there are still some loose ends to tie up, I won't be contributing to the blog just yet. I will definitely update again when I start being useful.

And the second piece of exciting news is that Off the Rails Scrapbooking challenge blog is having their very first blog hop!


And the rules to win a prize at this blog hop are very simple:

1. Create a layout based on any 4 embellishments from the DT members' favourite in the blog hop list (see below).
2. Link up your creation back to Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
3. In your blog post, mention which 4 embellishments you are using, and the DT members that you got the inspiration from.
4. Follow OTRS and all of the DT members' blogs.
5. Leave a comment on your blog post, as well as OTRS' that you've completed the blog hop.

And this is what you stand to win from our lovely sponsor Graphic 45:
The entire By the Sea collection!! Which includes the following:
One 12x12 Pad
One 8x8 Pad
One sheet of stickers
One sheet of die cuts
One set of chipboards

Graphic 45 is an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company. We offer vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album or home decor project.

And this is the blog hop list:


Other than the grand prize, I have also a little RAK for one lucky random person who follows both my blog and my YouTube channel. So do leave a comment below to say that you've done both. The blog hop runs from 14th to 21st March so you have plenty of time. I'll be drawing a random winner and announcing it on 22nd March.

So without further ado, this is what I've created for this blog hop using my favourite chipboard from Blue Fern Studios.


Admittedly I'm not very good at card-making and this is one of my few attempts to. And of course, it has to be mixed media :p

Some close-ups:


Using the circles group panel from BFS. I find panels absolutely perfect for matting photos, creating layers as well as incorporating them into backgrounds. And some lovely Green Tara flowers and ribbon for a feminine touch. 


Some masking with texture paste, stamping and misting.

Yes, you guessed right. Whenever I have scant details it means there's a video tutorial in the post. And you can watch it here to see how I created this mixed media card.


Well, before I sign off, don't forget the blog hop! The next person after me is Wendy O'Keeffe so please drop by her blog and leave some love! That's all for now, happy hopping!!

love,

20 comments:

  1. Jelissa this is absolutely stunning. I love the texture and the colours are stunning. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card ..love the use of mixed media and chipboards ..! Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jelissa, what is textured glue? how is it different to gesso?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robyn! Textured paste is very thick and sticky, and you usually use it to create uneven surfaces for the purpose of giving it a "textured" look. Gesso on the other hand, is much more fluid and is used as a surface prep agent. It is a little rough after dry, and gives a good surface for acrylic paints to adhere to. You can use gesso in place of texture paste a just vary the thickness in some places

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! I love the tutorial thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is so stunning!!! Love the mixed media. I really should try this one day. Thank you for your inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such beautiful colors - would love to learn more about textured colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card Jelissa and I really loved your tutorial too. TFS. Cheers i

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your card, so pretty, and loved watching the video too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jelissa, I absolutely love this card, I is absolutely stunning....

    I also just want to let you know, I have already subscribed to your YouTube Channel as well as your blog, hunni,

    Hugs
    Rhonda A

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jelissa you might not think that you are a card maker but yes you are, This card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning card Jelissa! I don't believe you when you say you're not good at cardmaking!! Love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I'm with Catie...your card ROCKS...MM gorgeousness AND chippy. Double whammy in a GOOD way!!! Just joined both your vid channel & your blog...since we're on TWO teams together...& look at you! With all the names of the teams on your sidebar...you're putting me to SHAME [hanging head].....the OUAS one I put into the 'too hard' basket with all those names!! So Pat on the Back to you:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so happy I found you, Im now following your blog and utube channel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the texture and the use of the BFS chip pies, aren't they awesome??
    Oh, I follow both your blog and your YouTube channel, looking forward to your mixed media tutorials:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always been very inspired by your work Jelissa. Your mixed media techniques, layering and embellishing (in other words all of it) blows me away. Yor card is truly stunning! I am a follower on both your blog and youtube channel. Thank you for the opportunity to win your RAK. XO!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Jelissa! I love the texture you have achieved here, and also your fabulous use of the chipboard. (You had me at "mixed media", I love to get my hands dirty too! hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beauty! I found you through this blog hop and spent hours scoring through your posts. My head is reeling with soooo many ideas now. Thank you :))

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!