Wednesday, May 21, 2014

OTRS DT - the road less travelled

Hello friends!

So glad to be back to share some new creations. It was a wonderful 2 weeks in Perth with friends, taking in the cool winter air and wonderful sunshine. I brought back lots of pictures and memories, all of which are waiting to be scrapped.

Here is a layout I created for Off the Rails Scrapbooking. It's a photo we took on the first sunny day of our trip. The first few days were pretty rough, with 3 of the 4 kids taken ill and the poor parents were so worn out from caring from them. We visited a vineyard and roamed the grounds, this was a photo of a road that runs parallel to the vineyard and is a huge estate put up for sale. Love the feeling of adventure it suggests!


Some close-ups:


I used mostly the bits and pieces from Kaisercraft - part of my haul from Perth when a friend took me shopping. A cute picket fence from Blue Fern Studios which I altered with different texture pastes.


Love flowers! I actually used blooms from three different manufacturers in this layout, and that's a first! Added a touch of gold paint from 13@rts to the edges to resemble the golden sunlight dancing off the flowers. Gold is fast becoming a favourite addition to my recent work because it adds so much pop.


Some fun layering.

And here is the start-to-finish video I created. It was made with a video camera given to me by my lovely ex-colleagues and I love just how well it works with my iMovie. Hope you enjoy what I have to share today!



love,

7 comments:

  1. stunning page, love it all, all the textures and colours so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, love the fence and loved watching the video too... fabulous back ground foundation too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - really shows your photo off to perfection:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Jel, this is AWESOME inspiration!! Another fabulous tut and gorgeous project! you and mixed media certainly is a match made in scrappy heaven. I know it must have taken you like 2 days to figure out what to create and what products to use, I can so see all the work that has gone into making the video. Was ever so sorry to read on FB how the kids were sick and sick again, you need a vacation just to recover from the whole thing! How are things now? xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Eila! you've always been so supportive and kind, I wished I had more time to spend and comment on all your blog posts!

    The kids are much better now, and we really enjoyed the trip even though the youngest fell sick again on the first night we reached. Thanks for all the love!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!