Tuesday, July 15, 2014

OUAS July Challenge

Hello there friends!

Today I'm in to share my DT reveal for Once Upon a Sketch July Challenge. Nadia has come up with a wonderful sketch and theme again.

Journalling Theme: "Numbers.." 

 Pick a number and center your journalling around it. (i.e. FIVE men in my life, TEN quirky traits, THREE long term goals, or 2014--the date I will do ___)

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 


And my take on it:


Every year around September I will create a layout just to mark our wedding anniversary. This year's a bit earlier because I really love this photo of us taken when we were holidaying in Perth. Hubby and I hardly take photos of ourselves together (we're not much of those couple photos people) so one as nice as this (LOL) is hard to come by.

I've kept quite close to the sketch and included my journaling at the side. There are a lot of Blue Fern Studios products on this layout, and I really love their new collection Ombre Dreams. Think I've used it on just about every other DT project for the past two months as much as I could. The beautiful watercolor backgrounds are just perfect for my mixed media style and I love the pastel tones it carries.

So, on to some close-ups:


Yummy Prima goodies



6 - for our 6th year of being man and wife. 

And here's a video to show how I put together this layout. Sit back and enjoy the process!




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, love your video too!! love how you put down such a layered foundation for your photo and layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and I love the video... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout Jelissa! Love all the gorgeous blooms and layers!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!