Sunday, August 10, 2014

13@rts August Challenge

Hello friends! I'm in today to share my take on the August challenge over at
13@rts. This month, we have a lovey moodboard brought to you by the wonderful Bellaidea.

Here's the moodboard:


And the challenge rules:
It's Bellaidea today with a new 13 arts challenge.
I wanted to give you lots of freedom and inspire / challenge you at the same time so the idea is to create a journaling  page /LO /canvas /this time no cards and tags/ in the  style from any of 4 photos and with a  color combo you like the most.
I also would like you to use mists.

Being a very pastel person (at times), I naturally went for the shabby chic room with its soft creams and pinks and Baroque panel dividers. I started with from the "Fly Away" collection as my background, which I primed with 13@rts acrylic primer. I also did some stencilling with a doily mask using Ayeeda acrylic modelling paste.


Some close-ups:


Lots of fussy cutting here from the "All is Love" collection papers from 13@rts. My title is actually two halves of a doily with some sentiments on it and I juxtaposed them on opposite sides of the photo to try to create a visual line.


Some trim, tulle roses for a softer effect layered on top of strips of papers which I created a layered photo mat with using papers from the "All is Love" collection. And also my favourite paint splatters as well using various 13@rts mists. The roses I coloured with Ayeeda Matte Paint in Raspberry using a bleeding technique which I will soon do a short tutorial on. I also used a resin frame to imitate the Baroque panels in the photo. 

That's all I have for now. Do drop by the 13@rts blog for more inspiration from the rest of the DT. Hope you will find the time to play along with us this month to win some fabulous prizes!

love,

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, love the softness and texture of your back ground..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lizzy C... it is absolutely stunning. Love the soft colours and that photo. Hints of good things to come and so pretty. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!