Monday, October 27, 2014

Mini Canvas for 13arts

Hello friends! 
How was the weekend for you? Mine was really, really busy!

Today I'm up on the 13arts blog with a technique post on just two different ways you can use modeling paste.

Here's the project:


In this project, I have kept my embellishments to the minimum to show the two ways Ayeeda modeling paste can be used.


The first way is very commonly used - to emboss. When applied without any spreading or flattening, the more modeling paste you have the more raised the surface. You can manipulate your palette knife to create more "peaks" for a rougher texture. Another way to emboss with modeling paste is to use it over a stencil (both methods of embossing can be seen in this photo) to get a raised pattern. 


What goes up must come down. The second way to use acrylic modeling paste is to de-boss. Instead of creating peaks (or raised surfaces), you are making depressions. As seen in the photo, I have spread some Ayeeda modeling paste over my canvas, and stamped some script into the modeling paste. The stamped design presses into the paste and creates depressed script, which I further enhanced by misting with a darker and contrasting color (Pastel Lavender vs Chalk Caramel and Chalk Yellow).


Here's another example of de-bossing with modeling paste.


 So that's all I have for you today. Thanks for dropping by the blog and have a great week ahead!

 love,

1 comment:

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!