Saturday, November 15, 2014

OUAS November Challenge

Good weekend to all of you lovely readers!
How are you today?

Today is reveal for Team 2 over at Once Upon a Sketch and here's the sketch and journaling theme:


Journalling Theme: "Inspiration/I am inspired by etc..."


You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

Some of you would know that I scrap mostly about my two boys and it's not hard to guess that they are my inspiration. How I got started scrapping was that before we had kids, my loves were photography, scuba-diving and traveling, and it was through my interest in underwater-photography that I proceeded to land photography. Well, all these changed when my first boy came out and our dive trips were greatly cut down to a few choice destinations a year. But photos had to be taken (I'm trigger happy) so the focus turned to our little boy. From then on, the photos I took are mostly of my children and what better way to showcase those photos than to scrap them right? 


And here are some close-ups:


My title is from Blue Fern Studios' Chunky Words set, and pretty much sums up what these two cheeky monkeys are to me.


some gorgeous prima blooms here colored with Ayeeda matt paints.


Another sweet chippie from Blue Fern which I've used as part of my layering. I've only just used gesso with a word stamp here to keep in line with the white-washed color scheme here.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!


love,

9 comments:

  1. Really, really lovely & the greatest inspiration in life......til the grand kids take over!!! Well, that's what has happened in my case. Move over older kids - the kidlets are waaay cuter, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Layout Jelissa...sweet photo of your little inspirations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the inspiration theme, and I love the sutle background details, gorgeous photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO beautiful! I love the pale shades...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO I have to say I think I agree with Lizzy :D this is such a beautiful layout of your two kidlets. Love the colours too so soft and gentle. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really pretty. I love the subtle colour palette.
    Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and adorable children. I've enjoyed looking through your blog (which I found via Pinterest), your artwork is wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration, Shirley

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!