Thursday, March 5, 2015

Favourite Memory with Love Story

Hello friends!

I'm sneaking a little something extra mid-week for treats. This project was created with the awesome Love Story collection from Blue Fern Studios, and the papers have really made me explore colors outside of my comfort zone - namely red and black.

Here's the layout:



This is one of my favourite photos of eldest because he just looks so chubby and sweet. The photo was taken during our family trip in Taiwan when I was 6 months preggers with no. 2 and eldest was being such a good traveller. Even with his routine disrupted, he was good natured throughout the trip and on his best behavior. Even now when we travel with the two of them, they have proven themselves to be rather co-operative.

But back to the layout. I just adore the black papers (Amazing Heart) in this collection and had to use it for a background when I laid eyes upon it. I also wanted more texture here so I used a few different types of pastes on top of the acrylic primer from 13@rts. Then I sealed in some beads of different sizes with liquid medium. To soften the glare of the white gesso, I used my pink Pan Pastel over everything for a softer cast. Then it was on to a technique that I have not used for awhile - splattering.  Lots of it. And I used the lovely Texture Stamp set (hooray!) for some really subtle details in the background.

I also wanted to keep my paper layers neutral with all the colors in the embellishments and background, so I kept to the beige tones and the black and white designs (Sweet Song, Concerto).

Some close-ups:


One of Blue Fern Studios' chipboards (Buttons and Bows) that I altered. Realised that I have not used my Dazzlerz and Texturez for awhile now so out those came. For the flowers, I used fibre paste and colored them with a mixture of Primary Elements and Inklingz.


Layering of trinkets, flowers and die cut leaves. 


One of the most tedious titles I've ever done. Note to self - think before acting. I had a Technique Tuesday stamp set with this quote but this little smart alec wanted to be different and use a combination of Thickers and stamping for a title. Do the stamping and embossing first you say? Didn't get the memo. And glued down the Thickers before I thought of the otherwise. The result was a most painful process of aligning words and making sure the EP doesn't get everywhere.

Never doing this again. 


Love the mix sized beads, pastes and string.


Tattered diamonds chipboard which I also repeated the design in my stamping. It was first a layer of black EP followed by black lava from Liquitex. Couldn't resist using the canvas cloth frills again.

So that's all I have for today, thanks for dropping by. Come back tomorrow to check out a new card I created!

love,

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so gorgeous Jelissa! Lol re the title - we all get it wrong sometimes! That bg work is stunning - as is the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful Jelissa! Incredible work!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!