Friday, October 30, 2015

An Autumn Story with Maja Design

Hello friends!
Today I'm up on the blog with another layout I created using the Enjoying Outdoors collection. This time, I focused on the rich greens and browns of the papers and used it for a trip we took in the forest during autumn.
IMG_0282
We were on a broad walk in the middle of an age-old forest of karri trees and there was a little lookout by the side. Being boys, my two sons ran up the lookout and were surprised to find a little star badge on one of the wooden beams. They went on to make up their own story about how it got there and a new adventure was created. I love it that they are so creative and curious in their own ways about the world around them, and that there is always a story (pretend or not) to everything they see.
Some close-ups:
IMG_0285
My paper layers, which I made into a vertical line to imitate the towering trees in the Valley of the Giants, a very ancient karri tree forest. By alternating the different shades of brown and green, and with the patterns in the info strip, I was able to add a lot of contrast and details. My chipboard was embossed in brown, and I painted green glitter paint over.
IMG_0287
Adding more details with the die cut leaves and words from the info strip.
IMG_0290
A simple background of stenciling words and sprinkling of paints. My chipboard frame was painted with watercolors and I also had lace and hessian tucked into the paper layers.
That's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,





3 comments:

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!